iZotope räumt auf

Emagic, Steinberg, Native Instruments, usw.

Moderatoren: Tim, Mods

Antworten
bitzone
Kaiser
iZotope räumt auf

Beitrag von bitzone »

Als willfähriges Opfer Izotopes erreichten mich gerade Breaking News ... sozusagen
Dear Customers,
We’re writing to let you know that iZotope products Iris 2, BreakTweaker, and Trash 2 will no longer be available for purchase from iZotope.com.
Support for these products will remain in effect for 12 months from your date of purchase.
Schade um Trash, coole Klangmaschine.
muki
Mega User
Logic Version: 0

Re: iZotope räumt auf

Beitrag von muki »

und iris2

aber ansich "old news" (mehr als ein jahr),
weil die alle nicht nur letztens um nix verschleudert wurden
sondern auch auf der apple-m1-not supported aka EOL liste standen
iirc eh schon seit 2 jahren...
hatten wir hier eh glaub ich besprochen...
muki
reiztrigger
Mega User
Logic Version: 10

Beitrag von reiztrigger »

und kann man -als bestehender kunde eines solchen produktes- wohl weiterhin auf seine "alte" maschine runterladen,
falls man das prog versehentlich mal zerfickt.
bitzone
Kaiser

Beitrag von bitzone »

reiztrigger hat geschrieben: 26 Okt 2022 - 20:54 und kann man -als bestehender kunde eines solchen produktes- wohl weiterhin auf seine "alte" maschine runterladen,
falls man das prog versehentlich mal zerfickt.
Wohl eher nicht, bounce in place zur rechten Zeit bleibt der lästige Freund.
Sind aber Dinger, die man mehr oder weniger frei Haus dazu bekam, nur schade, wenn man sich verliebt hat.
reiztrigger
Mega User

Beitrag von reiztrigger »

ähh...glaube doch. hatte das mail eben überflogen und blöderweise gelöscht, aber da stand doch
(wenn ich mich nicht irre), dass man die gekauften alten produkte weiterhin auf kompatiblen rechnern installieren kann...
d/flt prod.

Beitrag von d/flt prod. »

ich hab die gelegenheit genutzt und direkt mal alle izotope/experimental audio plugins vom rechner geworfen, bevor ich aus versehen eins der plugins nochmal benutze bevor ich demnächst auf m1/m2 umsteige. gab’s eh alles umsonst oder extrem günstig. trotzdem irgendwie schade drum.
bitzone
Kaiser

Beitrag von bitzone »

reiztrigger hat geschrieben: 26 Okt 2022 - 21:39 ähh...glaube doch. hatte das mail eben überflogen und blöderweise gelöscht, aber da stand doch
(wenn ich mich nicht irre), dass man die gekauften alten produkte weiterhin auf kompatiblen rechnern installieren kann...
Wie lange ist die Frage. Bin da eher Pessimist, aber ich lass mich überraschen.
muki
Mega User

Beitrag von muki »

reiztrigger hat geschrieben: 26 Okt 2022 - 21:39 ähh...glaube doch. hatte das mail eben überflogen und blöderweise gelöscht, aber da stand doch
und hier fuer die nachwelt erhalten:

Code: Alles auswählen

Dear Customers, 

We're writing with an update on the Exponential Audio line of products. 

After assessing the full line of products available, we have confirmed that the Stratus and Symphony reverbs are the pinnacle of Exponential Audio's development. To show our commitment to them, we have just updated them with a new UI as well as native M1 support.

While we will continue supporting Stratus and Symphony, we have made the decision to discontinue selling R2, R4, R2 Surround, PhoenixVerb, PhoenixVerb Surround, NIMBUS, and Excalibur. Support for these products will remain in effect for 12 months from your date of purchase.

The good news is that Stratus and Symphony can open presets from the other reverbs (except Excalibur). PhoenixVerb, PhoenixVerb Surround, and Nimbus presets can be opened in Stratus. R2, R2 Surround, and R4 presets will work with Symphony. Find all info on preset migration here.

If I own one of these products, can I still use it?

Yes. Your product will not be deactivated or change from its current state.

Will I still get maintenance updates?

If you have purchased these products through iZotope.com within the last 12 months, we will continue to provide you with technical support and updates to address critical issues that arise for up to 12 months from your purchase date. The support period for these products will end on October 27, 2023 for all users. We will not actively test compatibility of these products on new operating systems or host application versions after October 27, 2022, and the current system specifications for these products will not change. For a list of the product system requirements go here.

Why are you discontinuing these products?

iZotope is continually developing new products, services, and solutions to enable and innovate on journeys in audio production. We occasionally need to retire older products in order to focus our resources and development efforts on building new, innovative products and features.

Will I still be able to download the product from your website?

Yes. You can still download, install, and authorize these products. Installers can be downloaded using Product Portal or our Legacy Downloads page. Your purchased serial numbers will continue to authorize these products. You can find your serial numbers in the Purchase History section of your Account page, or use Product Portal to install and authorize them when you are logged into your account.

We sincerely appreciate your support and regret any inconvenience this action may cause you.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Care team.

—Your team at iZotope

muki
muki
Mega User

Beitrag von muki »

p.s.:
ansich ist mir bei der mail ein passus in etwa in dieser art abgegangen:

"customers of exponential r2/r4 phoenix excalibur etc will get a license of stratus and symphony for free"

aber so....?
...liest es sich eher wie "aetschi baetschi...selber schuld..."
muki
muki
Mega User

Beitrag von muki »

hier hatten wir das thema (gewissermassen) schon vor einem jahr:

viewtopic.php?p=645594&hilit=izotope#p645594
muki
muki
Mega User

Beitrag von muki »

auf kvr schreibt ein user:
iZtope finally responded to my support ticket. Depending on the follow-up response to my ticket update, I might or might not add some more commentary.

For the moment:
I pretty much got the same commentary as I got through Facebook (like: the longevity of plugin use).
apparently, iZotope plans "upgrade/crossgrade deals for Exponential Audio software users"... mails will be sent out soon(tm)

I just got another confirmation that there are no plans for a follow-up for Trash 3 or Iris 3, and that it is "unlikely" (quote) that we will see any in the future. "Excalibur" wasn't even mentioned.

I was assured that iZotope will be communicative regarding upgrade plans

I was assured that "Stutter Edit 2" will not be discontinued, yet there are no timelines for a M1 compatibility release (reminder: MacOS 11 Big Sur with M1 support was released October 2020, Stutter Edit 2 was released June 2020, no updates for either OS!), but it "works with Rosetta 2"
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 7#p8543217
muki
Antworten