Ankündigungen, Umfragen und allgemeine Infos rund um das Board

Moderatoren: Tim, Mods

Antworten
Tim
Site Admin
Logic Version: 10
TUBE-TECH - HLT2A

Beitrag von Tim »

The HLT2A, New Product + Press Conference.

Musikmesse 2015 will be one of those rare, but nice times, where we launch a Brand New
TUBE-TECH unit!

We are hosting a Press conference at our booth E 78 in Hall 5.1 on Friday April 17 at
2 PM. Here we would like to give you a presentation of the HLT2A, and serve a refreshment.

TUBE-TECH HLT2A:

The TUBE-TECH is a totally new kind of eq, combining Hi and Lo shelving with a midrange
T- Filter. This combination has not before been designed in the analogue domain.
(There's a few plug-in's with a similar feature, but as you know, - That's just plug-ins.)

Technical:

HLT 2A is a stereo unit, featuring low and high shelving filters and a T-Filter.
The T-Filter bends the whole frequency spectrum around a selectable midrange frequency.
When high frequencies go up in amplitude, lows go down or vice versa. The shelving filters are designed around a high gain tube amplifier and the T-Filter is a passive filter placed after the shelving filters and the output amplifier. All three sections are supplied with a bypass switch. In addition to these controls the HLT2A also feature Hi and LO cut filters + an overall bypass switch.

Here'a some info about the sound of the TUBE-TECH HLT2A:

“ A Different way to EQ!”

Very powerful, extremely simple to operate, overall shaping eq.
The combination of Hi and Lo shelf and Lo/Mid frequency T-Filter creates a ton of very nice eq shaping possibilities!
The HLT2A is suited equally well for everybody working with sound, ranging from the demanding mastering engineer to the sound quality hungry project studio owner.

Later in 2015 John G Petersen will do a Mastering Version of the HLT2A with stepped pots and a smaller range for the shelf and tilt eq..

The HLT2A has been very well received by all test users.
Here's a selection of the statements we got:

"It's a great sounding unit, low noise, wide bandwidth, behave very well at hot level, adding a nice and discreet warm tone.The quality of construction and sound is undeniable"
"Again a very well and very musical sounding product from TUBE-TECH. The HLT-2A was perfect for adding beautiful lower as well as higher frequencies. This EQ would definitely be a tool for buss or summing processing in mixing as well as mastering."
"It sounds amazing! I had the pleasure of trying the prototype, I found it great on vocals and awesome for shaping the drum buss. "I'm really impressed with the filter/tilt and in thinking about it, as it's stereo, the price isn't outrageous!
"The HLT2A can take care of stuf at the high frequencies better no other unit in my racks. I’m buying it as soon as possible! It sounds GREAT!"
"Super Cool and extremely good sounding with character! Ads nice colour and quality to dead mixes from home studios. - I must say: This was the best sex I had with a new outboard unit for a long time. - I want it NOW!"
• iMac i5 (2020) • 40 GB RAM • SSD • Logic Pro X • UA Apollo • MacBook Air • M1 • 16 GB RAM
HeiMedia
Antworten